.Koti File Virus (Koti Ransomware) Removal and .Koti File Recovery
.Koti File Virus : Threat Summary
|Name||.Koti Ransomware, .Koti file virus, .Koti extension virus, Koti Virus|
|Family||STOP (DJVU) Ransomware|
|Ransom Amount||$490 to $980 (in Bitcoins)|
|Description||.Koti Ransomware encrypt your files by adding .Koti extension to file names and demands a ransom to give decryption key|
|Symptoms||You will not be able to access any files on your system. You will find Ransom note in each folder demanding money.|
|Distribution||Spam Emails, Email Attachments, bundled freeware, porn or torrent sites|
|Detection Tool||Download Automatic Removal Tool|
|Data Recovery||Download Stellar Windows Data Recovery|
What Is .Koti File Virus
.Koti File Virus is a dubious creation of cyber crooks for windows based computer, known as an aggressive malicious malware. It is newly member of STOP (DJVU) Ransomware family that can encrypt all files on the targeted computer. In fact it is infamous by the nature of its encryption of all of the files on the targeted system. Is able to display various types ads on the screen of PC with its decryption key like as coupon ad, pop-up ad, ransom ad, banner ad, video ad, audio ad etc. It can try to convince the users to decryption of all of the encrypted files by the help of its decryption key. It is generally invade into targeted PC through the freeware, spam email attachment, pornographic link with torrent, porn or suspicious websites and through the many other unsafe sources.
.Koti File Virus can attack on every type of windows such as window XP, window 8, window 10 and infiltrate into every types browser as like Google Chrome, IE, Safari, Mozilla Firefox, MS Edge, and many other famous browser. It can change the users’ browser default of browsers system setting. Unfortunately once, this notorious virus get into your PC it will start to complete its malicious task for cyber hackers. It will inject its malicious code into your task manager and infected to registry editor. It will make infected your firewall programs and disable to anti-virus security. It will install many others malware as like adware, Trojan, spyware, scam pop-up, browser hijacker and more others. It will steal your personal information and send the hackers to conduct deceptive activities in order to blackmail the innocent PC user and collection of unauthorized revenue. So we provide you some removal instruction that will be help you to get ride of .Koti File Virus successfully from your PC.
Here is the list of most common file types that affected by .Koti File Virus :
.sql, .mp4, .7z, .rar, .m4a, .wma, .avi, .wmv, .csv, .d3dbsp, .zip, .sie, .sum, .ibank, .t13, .t12, .qdf, .gdb, .tax, .pkpass, .bc6, .bc7, .bkp, .qic, .bkf, .sidn, .sidd, .mddata, .itl, .itdb, .icxs, .hvpl, .hplg, .hkdb, .mdbackup, .syncdb, .gho, .cas, .svg, .map, .wmo, .itm, .sb, .fos, .mov, .vdf, .ztmp, .sis, .sid, .ncf, .menu, .layout, .dmp, .blob, .esm, .vcf, .vtf, .dazip, .fpk, .mlx, .kf, .iwd, .vpk, .tor, .psk, .rim, .w3x, .fsh, .ntl, .arch00, .lvl, .snx, .cfr, .ff, .vpp_pc, .lrf, .m2, .mcmeta, .vfs0, .mpqge, .kdb, .db0, .dba, .rofl, .hkx, .bar, .upk, .das, .iwi, .litemod, .asset, .forge, .ltx, .bsa, .apk, .re4, .sav, .lbf, .slm, .bik, .epk, .rgss3a, .pak, .big, wallet, .wotreplay, .xxx, .desc, .py, .m3u, .flv, .js, .css, .rb, .png, .jpeg, .txt, .p7c, .p7b, .p12, .pfx, .pem, .crt, .cer, .der, .x3f, .srw, .pef, .ptx, .r3d, .rw2, .rwl, .raw, .raf, .orf, .nrw, .mrwref, .mef, .erf, .kdc, .dcr, .cr2, .crw, .bay, .sr2, .srf, .arw, .3fr, .dng, .jpe, .jpg, .cdr, .indd, .ai, .eps, .pdf, .pdd, .psd, .dbf, .mdf, .wb2, .rtf, .wpd, .dxg, .xf, .dwg, .pst, .accdb, .mdb, .pptm, .pptx, .ppt, .xlk, .xlsb, .xlsm, .xlsx, .xls, .wps, .docm, .docx, .doc, .odb, .odc, .odm, .odp, .ods, .odt
What happens after the attack
Once your system is under attack by .Koti File Ransomware, you will not be able to access any of your any files because this nasty STOP (DJVU) Ransomware already encrypt (lock) your saved files. This nasty ransomware can also disable your anti-virus program and windows firewall security program that will cripple your computer system. Your machine will become vulnerable to all the other malware, viruses and threats, most of the programs will start failing automatically. This vicious STOP (DJVU) Ransomware virus is mainly aimed to extort your huge money and this why it also offers a 50% rebate on ransom amount if you pay the money in first 72 hours. .Koti virus wants to prey upon your desperation and planning to walk away with your money as soon as possible. It will try to scare you by saying that there us no other way for you to restore your file other than paying the ransom. Please check the full ransom note here :–
Don’t worry, you can return all your files!
All your files like photos, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key.
The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you.
This software will decrypt all your encrypted files.
What guarantees you have?
You can send one of your encrypted file from your PC and we decrypt it for free.
But we can decrypt only 1 file for free. File must not contain valuable information.
You can get and look video overview decrypt tool:
*Redacted for security reasons*
Price of private key and decrypt software is $980.
Discount 50% available if you contact us first 72 hours, that’s price for you is $490.
Please note that you’ll never restore your data without payment.
Check your e-mail “Spam” or “Junk” folder if you don’t get answer more than 6 hours.
To get this software you need write on our e-mail:
Reserve e-mail address to contact us:
Our Telegram account:
How To Remove Koti Virus From PC
To remove Koti Virus from your infected computer, you have to completely remove all the hidden files and left overs associated with this infection. Keep in mind that it may have distributed its copies at different locations on your system under different names. It could be quite time taking to detect those files manually, so you can try Automatic Malware Scanner to see if it can detect those threats for you. Well, before starting the removal process users must know that manual option is quite tricky and time consuming, hence users will need essential technical expertise in order to remove Koti Virus using manual method. Moreover any kind of mistake or technical complication will land the users in even worst circumstances and can make your system completely unusable. However, if you have good technical skills then follow the bellow methods carefully in order to get rid of Koti Virus manually from your Windows PC. Manual detection can take lots of time and there is also a high probability that will delete wrong files which can damage your system.Therefore, FOR THE SAFETY OF YOUR SYSTEM, we highly recommend you to choose SpyHunter’s automatic malware scanner to see if it can detect this infection on your computer.You can download the trial version of software to scan your computer. If the software detect Koti Virus infection on your system then only purchase the license to remove detected threats from your system.
- Download and Install the Automatic Scanner on your machine.
- Install the software on your machine.
- Click on Scan Computer Now button to start scan.
- Click Fix Threats button to remove detected threats.
Alternative Data Recovery Option
If you don’t have any recent backup of your files, then you can use professional data recovery software to recovery your files. Stellar Windows Data Recovery software is a highly advanced and powerful data recovery suite. It can recover lost or permanently delete files. You should try the free version of this software to scan your PC. If the software can detect your files, then you will need to pay the recover all your files. But in this case you are not paying ransom money hackers. The Malware Removal Tool and Data Recovery are much more cheaper option than paying ransom money.
- First you need to download the Stellar Data Recovery Software.
- After installing the software launch the program, select type of Data you want to recover then click Next button.
- Now you can select the location, Drive or volume and then click on Scan button.
- After scan, you can choose file to recover by previewing them. Select files to recover and click on recover button to save the files.
Manually Remove Koti Virus From System
Step 1 -Start PC In Safe Mode With networking
- Click “Windows+R” keys on your keyboard.
- Type “msconfig” in Run Box and Click OK.
- Select Koti menu from system configuration box then choose Safe Koti option and click on OK button.
Step 2 – Kill Koti Virus Related Process from Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del keys simultaneously to open Task Manager.
- Windows Task Manager will appear on your computer screen.
- Now click on Process tab to see all running process in your PC. Select all malicious process and Process and click End Process option.
Step 3 – Uninstall Koti Virus from Windows PC
Uninstall Koti Virus from Windows XP System
- Click on from Start button. Now Go to the Control Panel option.
- In Control Panel Windows you can see Add or Remove Programs option.
- Choose the program related to Koti Virus and then click Remove tab.
- Wait for the process to be end and then restart your system.
Uninstall Koti Virus from Windows Vista PC
- Click on the “Windows flag” from bottom left corner of your system screen. Now go to the Control Panel option of your PC.
- In Program section click on Uninstall a Program option.
- Here you can see the programs installed in your PC. Select Koti Virus and make a Kotit click on it then select Uninstall option.
- Click on OK if confirmation is asked and wait for the process to end.
Uninstall Koti Virus from Windows 7 PC
- From Start menu open Control Panel.
- Under Program option click on Uninstall a program option.
- From the list of all programs select the Koti Virus related malicious program. Finally click onto the Uninstall Tab.
Uninstall Koti Virus from Windows 8 PC
- From Kotit corner of screen click on search option and Type Control Panel.
- In Control Panel Windows click on Uninstall a program.
- Select and Uninstall all kind of programs related to Koti Virus infection installed in your system.
Uninstall Koti Virus from Windows 10 PC
- In Start Menu search for Setting Option.
- Now go to App and Feature option from the Setting box
- Select the programs related to Koti Virus infection and click on Uninstall button.
Step 4 – Delete Koti Virus from Registry Entries
- Press Windows and R buttons together to Open Run.
- Type “regedit” in Run box and clock on OK tab.
- Select all the Koti Virus related malicious entries and remove them completely.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = Koti Virus
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = Koti Virus
Well, usually the manual removal method helps the users to remove Koti Virus completely. However, at times it has been seen that manual methods fails to remove this nasty threats permanently. If you are facing the same kind of situation then you should better opt for Automatic Malware Scanner to see if it can detect virus on your computer.
Step 5 – Remove Koti Virus From Your Browser
Remove Koti Virus Related Extension From Chrome
- Open your Chrome Browser and click Hamburger icon from the top Kotit corner.
- Now go to Tools menu and select the Extension option.
- Here you can see the list of all installed extensions.
- Find and select Koti Virus related extension and click on Trash icon.
- Now restart your browser and enjoy web surfing.
Reset Your Browser To Default Settings
Reset Google Chrome To Default
- Open Google Chrome browser and open “Settings” option.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and Select “Advanced Settings” option.
- Press the “Reset Settings” button finally to complete process.
Remove Koti Virus Extension From Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and Click on Tools menu.
- Now select Manage Add-ons option from the drop down list.
- Select Toolbar and Extensions option from left panel.
- Choose and disable Koti Virus related extensions.
Reset IE To Default
- Open IE browser and click on “Gear” icon then choose “Internet options”.
- Now go to the “Advanced” tab and press the “Reset” button.
- Choose “Delete personal settings” and press “Reset” button.
Remove Koti Virus Extension From Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox Browser and click Menu icon from the top Kotit corner.
- Now Select the Add-Ons option.
- Click on the Extensions option from left panel.
- Choose and remove all Koti Virus related extensions.
Reset Firefox To Default
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser and Click on “Menu” option then Select (?) icon.
- Now go to the the “Troubleshooting Information” option.
- Then Click on the “Refresh Firefox” button and confirm.
Remove Koti Virus From Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge and click on “More” icon.
- Choose “Settings” option and select “Extensions”.
- Select and remove unwanted extension from your browser.
Reset Edge To Default
- Open Edge browser and click on “more icon” then select “settings”.
- Now click on the “Choose what to clear” Option.
- Tick mark “first three options” and click on “Clear” button.
Remove Koti Virus From Apple Safari
- Open Safari browser > Click on Safari menu > select preferences.
- Click on “Extensions” tab to list all the installed extensions.
- Find and remove malicious program completely.
Reset Safari To Default
- Open “safari” browser and Click on “Safari” menu then select “Reset Safari” option.
- Now select all your preferred options to clear and then finally click on Reset button.
Block Unwanted Pop-ups On Your Browser
Block Unwanted Koti Virus Popups on Google Chrome
- Open your Chrome browser and go to settings option.
- Now select the “Show advanced settings” option.
- Find out the Privacy tab and click on Content settings.
- Choose “Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended)” option.
Block Phishing and Malicious Website in Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on Chrome menu icon from top right corner.
- Click on the Show advance setting option from the bottom on your browser.
- From the Privacy section click the check box to Enable Phishing and Malware Protection option.
Block Unwanted Koti Virus Popups on Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and Click on Tools button.
- Select Pop-up Blocker and check the Turn on Pop-up Blocker option.
- Now turn on the pop-up blocker.
Enable SmartScreen Filter in Internet Explorer
- Open Microsoft Internet Explorer web browser in your PC.
- Select the Safety option from upper menu list.
- Now hit Report Unsafe website option to enable safe browsing.
Block Unwanted Koti Virus Popups on Mozilla Firefox
- Open your Mozilla Firefox web browser.
- Click on menu button and choose Options.
- In the Content tab, check the “Block pop-up windows” option.
Block Phishing and Malicious Website In Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click on menu icon from the top Kotit corner.
- Click on Option Menu and Choose Security option.
- Click on Security option and Tick the following option.
- Warn me when sites try to install add-ons.
- Block reported attack sites
- Block reported web forgeries
Block Unwanted Koti Virus Popups on Microsoft Edge in Windows 10
- Open Microsoft Edge browser and Click on (…) option.
- Select “Settings” and choose “View advanced settings” option.
- Now turn ON the Block pop-ups option.
Enable SmartScreen Filter in Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge browser and Click on (…) option and select settings.
- Click on Settings option and tap on View Advance Settings.
- Scroll down and turn ON “Help pKotict my PC from malicious sites and downloads with SmartScreen Filter” option.
Note : If you have followed all the above manual steps and still unable to remove Koti Virus infection then you are suggested to take professional help. You should choose a powerful malware removal tool to see if it can remove the infection from your computer.
Optional – How To Avoid Threats Like Koti Virus
As it is said that prevention is always better than cure. You can protect your system by paying a little bit of extra attention. You can follow some prevention tips to avoid harmful and malicious threats like Koti file virus.
Backup – Always keep backup of your important data. It is not sure when your system get infected by any harmful threat that will completely destroy your system and corrupt your data.
Use Firewall – It is the most important and primary security for your computer. Be sure that your firewall is activated so that it can easily block any malicious process like Koti file virus that try to intrude your computer.
Anti-virus Program – You must use powerful anti-virus or anti-malware protection with real time protection. Use any program that can block any malicious threat or virus and protect your system from threats in real time.
Scan USB drive – Always scan the use drive before copying the data. Most of the times, your system get infected by viruses when you insert any infected external storage device to your computer.
No Spam Emails – Try to avoid opening spam emails. Never open any spam email sent by unknown sender specially when it contains any attachment. Cyber crooks mainly uses spam email techniques to distribute threats like Koti file virus directly to the user’s computer.
Freeware Download – Bundled freeware programs are also one of the major way to spread malicious threats. You must not download from untrusted or insecure websites. Also choose custom installation method to avoid any harmful attachment.
Avoid Fake Update – Do not download update for your system programs from any unsafe website. Any unknown and random pop-up that ask you to download update for your system program can execute malicious codes like Koti file virus on your system. Always prefer official website for downloading update for any program.
Do Not Click Spam Links – When you get any unknown pop-up while browsing the Internet then do not click on it. Avoid visiting to malicious or pornographic websites as they can also inject nasty threats on your computer.