About C0hen Locker Ransomware
C0hen Locker Ransomware is a newly detected file locker malware. It is a new breed in Ransomware family. This notorious threat is crafted by hackers to cheat innocent users and make illegal profit. It is programmed to encrypt files on victimized computer and demand ransom money from the user. This perilous threat can easily alter your Windows PC without notification or permission. It silently come into your machine and encrypt all your files. Then it add its malicious .loptr File Extension to the end of your files. When you try to open any of your locked document, it will show error message on your computer screen. This nasty C0hen Locker Ransomware will also leave ransom note on your computer to describe the payment and decryption method. It will give your some time to pay ransom money through BitCoin.
C0hen Locker Ransomware mainly sneak into targeted machine through spam emails, suspicious websites, shareware, bundled free programs, cracked software, malicious links, porn or torrent websites and peer to peer file sharing. Once installed on your system, this brutal malware infection can easily disable all the security related programs on the compromised machine. It will also change the desktop wallpaper with a ransom image. Apart from this, C0hen Locker Ransomware will also threat users to delete all their file if they don’t pay before given time. It is really a vicious threat that will leave you no option. You have to either pay it or remove it. Paying money cannot bring your files, but increase the risk of data theft and stealing of your financial information. So you are advised to completely remove C0hen Locker Ransomware from your system.
How To Remove C0hen Locker Ransomware From PC
|Part 1 – Remove C0hen Locker Ransomware Automatically From PC|
|Part 2 – Manually Remove C0hen Locker Ransomware From System|
Remove C0hen Locker Ransomware Automatically From PC
Use Automatic C0hen Locker Ransomware Scanner
This is a powerful malware scanner and removal application that can easily delete C0hen Locker Ransomware and all other harmful threat and infections from your computer. It is an award winning application that has helped millions of users to remove malicious threats and viruses like C0hen Locker Ransomware from their computer in few clicks. You can easily remove any harmful malware, spyware, virus, Trojan, rootkit and any other threat from PC completely by using this software. It is an easy to application that provide complete and up-time protection to your computer from all the latest and nasty threats. You can download the trial version of software to scan your computer. If the software detect C0hen Locker Ransomware infection on your system then only purchase the license to remove detected threats from your system.
Remove C0hen Locker Ransomware Automatically From Your PC
- Download the Reimage Repair Tool on your PC and run the installer.
- Scan your system to for all kinds of vicious threats and malware.
- Once Scanning is completed, Click on Start Repair.to remove all kinds of malware and spyware completely.
Step 1 -Start PC In Safe Mode With networking
- Click “Windows+R” keys on your keyboard.
- Type “msconfig” in Run Box and Click OK.
- Select Boot menu from system configuration box then choose Safe Boot option and click on OK button.
Step 2 – Kill C0hen Locker Ransomware Related Process from Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del keys simultaneously to open Task Manager.
- Windows Task Manager will appear on your computer screen.
- Now click on Process tab to see all running process in your PC. Select all malicious process and Process and click End Process option.
Step 3 – Uninstall C0hen Locker Ransomware from Windows PC
Uninstall C0hen Locker Ransomware from Windows XP System
- Click on from Start button. Now Go to the Control Panel option.
- In Control Panel Windows you can see Add or Remove Programs option.
- Choose the program you want to remove and then click Remove tab.
- Wait for the process to be end and then restart your system.
Uninstall C0hen Locker Ransomware from Windows Vista PC
- Click on the “Windows flag” from bottom left corner of your system screen. Now go to the Control Panel option of your PC.
- In Program section click on Uninstall a Program option.
- Here you can see the programs installed in your PC. Select C0hen Locker Ransomware and make a right click on it then select Uninstall option.
- Click on OK if confirmation is asked and wait for the process to end.
Uninstall C0hen Locker Ransomware from Windows 7 PC
- From Start menu open Control Panel.
- Under Program click on Uninstall a program option.
- From the list of all programs select the malicious program you want to remove. Finally click onto the Uninstall Tab.
Uninstall C0hen Locker Ransomware from Windows 8 PC
- From right corner of screen click on search option and Type Control Panel.
- In Control Panel Windows click on Uninstall a program.
- Select and Uninstall all kind of programs installed in your system.
Uninstall C0hen Locker Ransomware from Windows 10 PC
- In Start Menu search for Setting Option.
- Now go to App and Feature option from the Setting box
- Select the program you want to remove and click on Uninstall button.
Step 4 – Delete C0hen Locker Ransomware from Registry Entries
- Press Windows and R buttons together to Open Run.
- Type “regedit” in Run box and clock on OK tab.
- Select all the malicious entries and remove them completely.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\C0hen Locker Ransomware
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = C0hen Locker Ransomware
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = C0hen Locker Ransomware
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\C0hen Locker Ransomware
Well, usually the manual removal method helps the users to remove C0hen Locker Ransomware virus completely. However, at times it has been seen that manual methods fails to remove this nasty threats permanently. If you are facing the same kind of situation then you should better opt for Automatic C0hen Locker Ransomware Scanner automatically from your computer.
Step 5 – Remove C0hen Locker Ransomware From Your Browser
Remove C0hen Locker Ransomware Related Extension From Chrome
- Open your Chrome Browser and click Hamburger icon from the top right corner.
- Now go to Tools menu and select the Extension option.
- Here you can see the list of all installed extensions.
- Find and select C0hen Locker Ransomware related extension and click on Trash icon.
- Now restart your browser and enjoy web surfing.
Reset Your Browser To Default Settings
Reset Google Chrome To Default
- Open Google Chrome browser and open “Settings” option.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and Select “Advanced Settings” option.
- Press the “Reset Settings” button finally to complete process.
Remove C0hen Locker Ransomware Extension From Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and Click on Tools menu.
- Now select Manage Add-ons option from the drop down list.
- Select Toolbar and Extensions option from left panel.
- Choose and disable C0hen Locker Ransomware related extensions.
Reset IE To Default
- Open IE browser and click on “Gear” icon then choose “Internet options”.
- Now go to the “Advanced” tab and press the “Reset” button.
- Choose “Delete personal settings” and press “Reset” button.
Remove C0hen Locker Ransomware Extension From Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox Browser and click Menu icon from the top right corner.
- Now Select the Add-Ons option.
- Click on the Extensions option from left panel.
- Choose and remove all unwanted extensions.
Reset Firefox To Default
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser and Click on “Menu” option then Select (?) icon.
- Now go to the the “Troubleshooting Information” option.
- Then Click on the “Refresh Firefox” button and confirm.
Remove C0hen Locker Ransomware From Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge and click on “More” icon.
- Choose “Settings” option and select “Extensions”.
- Select and remove unwanted extension from your browser.
Reset Edge To Default
- Open Edge browser and click on “more icon” then select “settings”.
- Now click on the “Choose what to clear” Option.
- Tick mark “first three options” and click on “Clear” button.
Remove C0hen Locker Ransomware From Apple Safari
- Open Safari browser > Click on Safari menu > select preferences.
- Click on “Extensions” tab to list all the installed extensions.
- Find and remove malicious program completely.
Reset Safari To Default
- Open “safari” browser and Click on “Safari” menu then select “Reset Safari” option.
- Now select all your preferred options to clear and then finally click on Reset button.
Block Unwanted Pop-ups On Your Browser
Block Unwanted C0hen Locker Ransomware Popups on Google Chrome
- Open your Chrome browser and go to settings option.
- Now select the “Show advanced settings” option.
- Find out the Privacy tab and click on Content settings.
- Choose “Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended)” option.
Block Phishing and Malicious Website in Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on Chrome menu icon from top right corner.
- Click on the Show advance setting option from the bottom on your browser.
- From the Privacy section click the check box to Enable Phishing and Malware Protection option.
Block Unwanted C0hen Locker Ransomware Popups on Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and Click on Tools button.
- Select Pop-up Blocker and check the Turn on Pop-up Blocker option.
- Now turn on the pop-up blocker.
Enable SmartScreen Filter in Internet Explorer
- Open Microsoft Internet Explorer web browser in your PC.
- Select the Safety option from upper menu list.
- Now hit Report Unsafe website option to enable safe browsing.
Block Unwanted C0hen Locker Ransomware Popups on Mozilla Firefox
- Open your Mozilla Firefox web browser.
- Click on menu button and choose Options.
- In the Content tab, check the “Block pop-up windows” option.
Block Phishing and Malicious Website In Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click on menu icon from the top right corner.
- Click on Option Menu and Choose Security option.
- Click on Security option and Tick the following option.
- Warn me when sites try to install add-ons.
- Block reported attack sites
- Block reported web forgeries
Block Unwanted C0hen Locker Ransomware Popups on Microsoft Edge in Windows 10
- Open Microsoft Edge browser and Click on (…) option.
- Select “Settings” and choose “View advanced settings” option.
- Now turn ON the Block pop-ups option.
Enable SmartScreen Filter in Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge browser and Click on (…) option and select settings.
- Click on Settings option and tap on View Advance Settings.
- Scroll down and turn ON “Help protect my PC from malicious sites and downloads with SmartScreen Filter” option.
Note : If you have followed all the above manual steps and still unable to remove C0hen Locker Ransomware infection then you are suggested to take professional help. You should choose a powerful malware removal tool to completely remove the infection from your computer.
Optional – How To Avoid Threats Like C0hen Locker Ransomware
As it is said that prevention is always better than cure. You can protect your system by paying a little bit of extra attention. You can follow some prevention tips to avoid harmful and malicious threats like C0hen Locker Ransomware.
Backup – Always keep backup of your important data. It is not sure when your system get infected by any harmful threat that will completely destroy your system and corrupt your data.
Use Firewall – It is the most important and primary security for your computer. Be sure that your firewall is activated so that it can easily block any malicious process like C0hen Locker Ransomware that try to intrude your computer.
Anti-virus Program – You must use powerful anti-virus or anti-malware protection with real time protection. Use any program that can block any malicious threat or virus and protect your system from threats in real time.
Scan USB drive – Always scan the use drive before copying the data. Most of the times, your system get infected by viruses when you insert any infected external storage device to your computer.
No Spam Emails – Try to avoid opening spam emails. Never open any spam email sent by unknown sender specially when it contains any attachment. Cyber crooks mainly uses spam email techniques to distribute threats like C0hen Locker Ransomware directly to the user’s computer.
Freeware Download – Bundled freeware programs are also one of the major way to spread malicious threats. You must not download from untrusted or insecure websites. Also choose custom installation method to avoid any harmful attachment.
Avoid Fake Update – Do not download update for your system programs from any unsafe website. Any unknown and random pop-up that ask you to download update for your system program can execute malicious codes like C0hen Locker Ransomware on your system. Always prefer official website for downloading update for any program.
Do Not Click Spam Links – When you get any unknown pop-up while browsing the Internet then do not click on it. Avoid visiting to malicious or pornographic websites as they can also inject nasty threats on your computer.