Steps To Remove SOUNDBITE Virus From PC
What Is SOUNDBITE
SOUNDBITE is a malicious Trojan virus that can easily corrupt your entire computer system. It is very good in exploiting the system vulnerabilities and then it easily dwells in your computer without your permission or knowledge. Cyber criminals often these type of harmful programs with highly malicious and sophisticated codes. Once installed, it will monitor your online details and activity to steal your personal information and send those details to cyber crooks to later perform illegal activities using those information. SOUNDBITE can also block you system firewall and registry editor with its malicious codes.
SOUNDBITE also uses rootkit technology and hide very deep in your PC. The virus keep changing its location time to time and platform to platform so that your threat removal tool can not catch its location. Furthermore, it also irritate you by making your system slow, modifying your system registry, showing frequent pop-ups, altering Internet and firewall settings and so on. It has a criminal intention to bring up some more computer infections in your PC to maximize the harm, so that it get the opportunity to steal your personal information easily. It is very important to eliminate SOUNDBITE from your PC very soon.
How To Remove SOUNDBITE From PC
To remove SOUNDBITE from your infected computer, you have to completely remove all the hidden files and left overs associated with this infection. Keep in mind that it may have distributed its copies at different locations on your system under different names. It could be quite time taking to detect those files manually, so you can try Automatic Malware Scanner to see if it can detect those threats for you. Well, before starting the removal process users must know that manual option is quite tricky and time consuming, hence users will need essential technical expertise in order to remove SOUNDBITE using manual method. Moreover any kind of mistake or technical complication will land the users in even worst circumstances and can make your system completely unusable. However, if you have good technical skills then follow the bellow methods carefully in order to get rid of SOUNDBITE manually from your Windows PC. Manual detection can take lots of time and there is also a high probability that will delete wrong files which can damage your system.Therefore, FOR THE SAFETY OF YOUR SYSTEM, we highly recommend you to choose SpyHunter’s automatic malware scanner to see if it can detect this infection on your computer.You can download the trial version of software to scan your computer. If the software detect SOUNDBITE infection on your system then only purchase the license to remove detected threats from your system.
- Download and Install the Automatic Scanner on your machine.
- Install the software on your machine.
- Click on Scan Computer Now button to start scan.
- Click Fix Threats button to remove detected threats.
Manually Remove SOUNDBITE From System
Step 1 -Start PC In Safe Mode With networking
- Click “Windows+R” keys on your keyboard.
- Type “msconfig” in Run Box and Click OK.
- Select Boot menu from system configuration box then choose Safe Boot option and click on OK button.
Step 2 – Kill SOUNDBITE Related Process from Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del keys simultaneously to open Task Manager.
- Windows Task Manager will appear on your computer screen.
- Now click on Process tab to see all running process in your PC. Select all malicious process and Process and click End Process option.
Step 3 – Uninstall SOUNDBITE from Windows PC
Uninstall SOUNDBITE from Windows XP System
- Click on from Start button. Now Go to the Control Panel option.
- In Control Panel Windows you can see Add or Remove Programs option.
- Choose the program related to SOUNDBITE and then click Remove tab.
- Wait for the process to be end and then restart your system.
Uninstall SOUNDBITE from Windows Vista PC
- Click on the “Windows flag” from bottom left corner of your system screen. Now go to the Control Panel option of your PC.
- In Program section click on Uninstall a Program option.
- Here you can see the programs installed in your PC. Select SOUNDBITE and make a right click on it then select Uninstall option.
- Click on OK if confirmation is asked and wait for the process to end.
Uninstall SOUNDBITE from Windows 7 PC
- From Start menu open Control Panel.
- Under Program option click on Uninstall a program option.
- From the list of all programs select the SOUNDBITE related malicious program. Finally click onto the Uninstall Tab.
Uninstall SOUNDBITE from Windows 8 PC
- From right corner of screen click on search option and Type Control Panel.
- In Control Panel Windows click on Uninstall a program.
- Select and Uninstall all kind of programs related to SOUNDBITE infection installed in your system.
Uninstall SOUNDBITE from Windows 10 PC
- In Start Menu search for Setting Option.
- Now go to App and Feature option from the Setting box
- Select the programs related to SOUNDBITE infection and click on Uninstall button.
Step 4 – Delete SOUNDBITE from Registry Entries
- Press Windows and R buttons together to Open Run.
- Type “regedit” in Run box and clock on OK tab.
- Select all the SOUNDBITE related malicious entries and remove them completely.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = SOUNDBITE
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = SOUNDBITE
Well, usually the manual removal method helps the users to remove SOUNDBITE completely. However, at times it has been seen that manual methods fails to remove this nasty threats permanently. If you are facing the same kind of situation then you should better opt for Automatic Malware Scanner to see if it can detect virus on your computer.
Step 5 – Remove SOUNDBITE From Your Browser
Remove SOUNDBITE Related Extension From Chrome
- Open your Chrome Browser and click Hamburger icon from the top right corner.
- Now go to Tools menu and select the Extension option.
- Here you can see the list of all installed extensions.
- Find and select SOUNDBITE related extension and click on Trash icon.
- Now restart your browser and enjoy web surfing.
Reset Your Browser To Default Settings
Reset Google Chrome To Default
- Open Google Chrome browser and open “Settings” option.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and Select “Advanced Settings” option.
- Press the “Reset Settings” button finally to complete process.
Remove SOUNDBITE Extension From Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and Click on Tools menu.
- Now select Manage Add-ons option from the drop down list.
- Select Toolbar and Extensions option from left panel.
- Choose and disable SOUNDBITE related extensions.
Reset IE To Default
- Open IE browser and click on “Gear” icon then choose “Internet options”.
- Now go to the “Advanced” tab and press the “Reset” button.
- Choose “Delete personal settings” and press “Reset” button.
Remove SOUNDBITE Extension From Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox Browser and click Menu icon from the top right corner.
- Now Select the Add-Ons option.
- Click on the Extensions option from left panel.
- Choose and remove all SOUNDBITE related extensions.
Reset Firefox To Default
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser and Click on “Menu” option then Select (?) icon.
- Now go to the the “Troubleshooting Information” option.
- Then Click on the “Refresh Firefox” button and confirm.
Remove SOUNDBITE From Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge and click on “More” icon.
- Choose “Settings” option and select “Extensions”.
- Select and remove unwanted extension from your browser.
Reset Edge To Default
- Open Edge browser and click on “more icon” then select “settings”.
- Now click on the “Choose what to clear” Option.
- Tick mark “first three options” and click on “Clear” button.
Remove SOUNDBITE From Apple Safari
- Open Safari browser > Click on Safari menu > select preferences.
- Click on “Extensions” tab to list all the installed extensions.
- Find and remove malicious program completely.
Reset Safari To Default
- Open “safari” browser and Click on “Safari” menu then select “Reset Safari” option.
- Now select all your preferred options to clear and then finally click on Reset button.
Block Unwanted Pop-ups On Your Browser
Block Unwanted SOUNDBITE Popups on Google Chrome
- Open your Chrome browser and go to settings option.
- Now select the “Show advanced settings” option.
- Find out the Privacy tab and click on Content settings.
- Choose “Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended)” option.
Block Phishing and Malicious Website in Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on Chrome menu icon from top right corner.
- Click on the Show advance setting option from the bottom on your browser.
- From the Privacy section click the check box to Enable Phishing and Malware Protection option.
Block Unwanted SOUNDBITE Popups on Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and Click on Tools button.
- Select Pop-up Blocker and check the Turn on Pop-up Blocker option.
- Now turn on the pop-up blocker.
Enable SmartScreen Filter in Internet Explorer
- Open Microsoft Internet Explorer web browser in your PC.
- Select the Safety option from upper menu list.
- Now hit Report Unsafe website option to enable safe browsing.
Block Unwanted SOUNDBITE Popups on Mozilla Firefox
- Open your Mozilla Firefox web browser.
- Click on menu button and choose Options.
- In the Content tab, check the “Block pop-up windows” option.
Block Phishing and Malicious Website In Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click on menu icon from the top right corner.
- Click on Option Menu and Choose Security option.
- Click on Security option and Tick the following option.
- Warn me when sites try to install add-ons.
- Block reported attack sites
- Block reported web forgeries
Block Unwanted SOUNDBITE Popups on Microsoft Edge in Windows 10
- Open Microsoft Edge browser and Click on (…) option.
- Select “Settings” and choose “View advanced settings” option.
- Now turn ON the Block pop-ups option.
Enable SmartScreen Filter in Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge browser and Click on (…) option and select settings.
- Click on Settings option and tap on View Advance Settings.
- Scroll down and turn ON “Help protect my PC from malicious sites and downloads with SmartScreen Filter” option.
Note : If you have followed all the above manual steps and still unable to remove SOUNDBITE infection then you are suggested to take professional help. You should choose a powerful malware removal tool to see if it can remove the infection from your computer.
Optional – How To Avoid Threats Like SOUNDBITE
As it is said that prevention is always better than cure. You can protect your system by paying a little bit of extra attention. You can follow some prevention tips to avoid harmful and malicious threats like SOUNDBITE.
Backup – Always keep backup of your important data. It is not sure when your system get infected by any harmful threat that will completely destroy your system and corrupt your data.
Use Firewall – It is the most important and primary security for your computer. Be sure that your firewall is activated so that it can easily block any malicious process like SOUNDBITE that try to intrude your computer.
Anti-virus Program – You must use powerful anti-virus or anti-malware protection with real time protection. Use any program that can block any malicious threat or virus and protect your system from threats in real time.
Scan USB drive – Always scan the use drive before copying the data. Most of the times, your system get infected by viruses when you insert any infected external storage device to your computer.
No Spam Emails – Try to avoid opening spam emails. Never open any spam email sent by unknown sender specially when it contains any attachment. Cyber crooks mainly uses spam email techniques to distribute threats like SOUNDBITE directly to the user’s computer.
Freeware Download – Bundled freeware programs are also one of the major way to spread malicious threats. You must not download from untrusted or insecure websites. Also choose custom installation method to avoid any harmful attachment.
Avoid Fake Update – Do not download update for your system programs from any unsafe website. Any unknown and random pop-up that ask you to download update for your system program can execute malicious codes like SOUNDBITE on your system. Always prefer official website for downloading update for any program.
Do Not Click Spam Links – When you get any unknown pop-up while browsing the Internet then do not click on it. Avoid visiting to malicious or pornographic websites as they can also inject nasty threats on your computer.